Admission to L.K.G
Students are admitted to L.K.G.. Applications for this class are ordinarily done two months prior to the commencement of the academic year. The dates of application are announced every year on the school Bulletin Board. The academic year begins in the first week of April.
The students are admitted in L.K.G. by the management of the school on random basis only after inviting application form and verification of the documents required for admission.
Admission in Class I-X
Normally casual vacancies, if any, in other classes are filled in after the commencement of the academic year.
Admission to Class XI
The Senior School Certificate Course offered here is conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi, and is a two year Post Secondary Course which has been recognized by all Indian Universities as equivalent to the Intermediate College Examination. On Copletion of the course, the candidates are eligible to begin the three year degree course in the Universities.
For the Science Stream, we expect an average of 85% or the corresponding grade, in Maths & Science. An aggregate of 70% or the corresponding grade is a must for the Commerce Stream
- Since admission to Class XI is designed to be SELECTIVE in the Government’s scheme of education, students of Class X must apply for admission to Class XI when applications are called for and appear for an Aptitude Test.
- Apart from the minimum qualification prescribed by the Central Board, the school has its own norms of eligibility for admission. Eligibility will depend on the following:
- High academic performance in the All India Secondary School Examination, the Entrance Test, Sent-up Examination, Pre-Board Examinationand his/her performance in Class X.
- Regularity in attendance and work during IX-X. Thus, only those students can be accomodated who in addition to mental ability have also displayed seroius application to studies.
- Character and conduct of the candidate should be such that during the course here at St. Michael’s School he/she has shown clear evidence that he/she has benefited from the character formation offered in the school. Mere academic performance WILL NOT MAKE THE STUDENT ELIGIBLE FOR ADMISSION TO CLASS XI. The principal, in the consultation with the Governing Body of the school is the final arbiter in this matter.