Other Resources and Facilities
The St. Michael's School Library is open to all students from Class II onwards. All classes have one Library Period per week. Students visiting the Library have to observe the following rules:
- Every student shall borrow and read books from the Library each month as per the activities listed in the schedule.
- Until the previous issued book is returned , students will not be eligible for a fresh issue.
- Reference books are not for issue. These books can be read only in the Library.
- If books are returned late without a valid reason, the borrowing facility will be withdrawn for a period of weeks or more.
- Book marked, disfigured, damaged or lost while in their possesion will have to be replaced by the borrower, failing which their parents will be billed thrice the cost of a replacement.
- Any student found deliberately damaging or defacing a book may be debarred from the Library for the entire term or academic year.
- The Library has on open access system, and the students must help maintain the order and oraganization of the collection in different shelves. They must place the books in the shelves strictly according to the call numbers, after consultation with the librarian.
- Student are not allowed to bring their personal books or belongings to the library.
- Library Books should be returned on time, failing which parents willl be asked to report to the School and explain the non-return of the Library books by their ward.
- Strict discipline has to be maintained in the Library.
- It is mandatory for all the students to do the activities slated in the list of activities of Library.
St. Michael's School has two Computer Labs: for junior and senior students. Students are advised to make full use of this facility under the guidance of assigned instructors. Regular and systematic learning in computer use has been scheduled for each class through out the academic year. Students are expected to use the computers carefully. Any damage will have to be compensated. Students will have to follow the guidelines of supervisors in the Computer Lab.
One of the recent innovations in computer-aided, hi-tech learning. St. Michael's is one of the few schools in Patna which have the Smart Class facility. Introduced in 2009, this advanced technology-supported learning system is available to the students of St. Micahel's in a regulated manner, under the guidance of supervisors. Sixteen class rooms have been euipped with this facility the use of which have been arranged regularly and systematically for all the classes.
Website has become a mojor source of information for students and means of communication between the school authorities, students and parents/guardians. All the relevent information on St. Michael's high School has been added into its interactive website, operative since 2009. One can log in to the site at http://stmichaelspatna.edu.in Parents/guardians are welcome to log in to it so as to learn about various circulars, notices from the School, information regarding various aspects and programmes, etc. The website in St. Michael's also links the present school fraternity with the past students (members of the Alumni Association).
St. Michael's School has one Language Lab for the benefit of the students from Class I-VIII. Students are advised to make full use of this facility under the guidance of assigned instructors. Regular and systematics learning of language has been scheduled for each class through out the academic year. Students are expected to utilize this facility carefully. Any damage will have to be compensated. Students will have to follow the guidelines of supervisors in the Language Lab.
St. Michaels' School has the following subject-specific labs: Physics Lab, Chemistry Lab, Biology Lab, and Maths Lab.Students are advised to make full use of these facilities under the guidance of assigned instructors. Students are expected to handle the tools, instruments and euipments in these labs carefully. Any damage will have to be compensated.
A well-euipped dispensary under the supervision of a trained female nurse in the school building is to attend to any health care problems of the students during class hours.
St. Michaels' is one of the few schools in Patna with a swimming pool facility. Students are given opportunities to learn swimming under professional trainers at regular periods during or outside class hours. Students are expected to follow the guidelines related to use of the Swimming Pool.
Table Tennis Club
Starting from this year, at St. Michael's, there is a Table tennis Club in which students are encouraged to become members playing a special membership fee. This club has been formed to answer to the growing demand for Table Tennis by junior and senior students before and after the class hours.
One of the oldest schools in Bihar, St. Michael's maintains good relations between the past students and the School through St. Michael's Alumni Association, which is a member of the All-India and International Jesuit Alumni Associations. The school boasts of many great alumni: political leaders, civil administrators, doctors, enginners, professors, executives, managers and so on. The Association operating from its office in the School premises, has regular meetings and is involved in various charitable works in collaboration with the School.